Jul 2, 2009

A smell to remember!

Last night it was a blast! We were celebrating our friend Lulu's birthday, one week late, but it's much better than forgetting it at all, sorry Lu! Dayla was with us, she is a friend who has made me pass through the most ridiculous moments someone could ever experience; it doesn't mean that don't love her, though...

The thing is that, as usual, friends star talking about past embarrassing moments and this time it wasn't the exception. It happened like... 9 or 10 years ago. Dayla and I wanted to hit down the city centre and see a movie. We were walking through the central avenue boulevard in San José, a street for pedestrians stuffed with cheapy stores and greasy food. We stoped by a tiny shop, then I saw those poor little chickens... She bought some peaces to go but she didn't eat! Well, I thought it was kind of weird but I just ended up forgeting the incident.

We found our selves at a theatre where a brazilian movie was announced, attracting any kind of artish, show-off, pretentious people. We were the last to get in the room (as good ticos, we've made it a little late). That room was tiny, with tier seats. And since most of the seats were already taken, we had to look for a place on the lowest level.

Everything was normal until I starded listening to a scrachty sound coming from... hey, from just next to me! My friend took some plastic bags contaning that very smelly chicken she bought 30 minutes ago. That unforgettable fragance flowed all over the place and since she was very caritative, she had this nice idea to offer some chicken to me!

-Hey Randall, d'you want some? I tried to give her a negative answered with my head so my voice wouldn't be heard but it didn't work... That was just the right momment when something went wrong with the film. As long as they stoped the film they turned on the lights and I was seating down there, with every body staring at my back while my friend was holding the chicken in her hand, giving it to me! Oh poor little me!!!!!!! It was such a smelly night!

6 comments:

  1. Poor little chicken! I hope you ate it or it would have felt so embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH... Poor Little Randy
    don't feel that embarrassed, maybe this chicken was born just to do that... Don't let it happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so that chicken was born to make people look ridiculous! naughty chicken is not poor anymore ;-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. JAJAJAJAAJ I know that little theatre. For sure you really where the focus of all the people.
    Next time she can try something less smelly… a fried fish could be

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jajajajajajajaja! The other day I went to a theatre and just behind me, there was a big family who didn't have any better idea than bringing some chicken and tortillas to eat while they see the play!
    OMG! The whole place had that chicken smell and I was totally surprised, apparently chicken are not only to be eaten in costarican buses anymore!

    ReplyDelete